The Casio F91W-1 with the resin strap is a modest sized workhorse that’s so affordably priced that it’s become an icon in the world of men’s watches.
If you’re looking for a classic, functional, durable, minimal, and water resistant watch that’s also under $10, then look no further than the Casio F-91W. In this Casio F91W review, I’m going to touch on the style & aesthetic, features & specs, and a couple of fun easter eggs, so read on to the very end.
More of a video person? Hit the play button below to watch the review.
As for quality and construction, it’s pretty basic. For $10 or less, you can’t expect much in terms of quality build. Despite the cheap price, the watch is immensely durable. I wore it in the ocean during all of my surf sessions while I was in Sydney, Australia earlier this year. It took a beating over there and is still going strong.
CASIO F-91W STYLE & AESTHETIC
Simply put this watch is clean, simple, functional, and stylish. It’s got a retro 90s feel with the rectangular dial with a mitered edge. This throwback can be worn with casual looks and more athletic inspired looks just the same.
The watch wears well, especially on modest sized wrists. Even with my sub 7″ wrists, there’s still 3 holes left to adjust the size with. If you have big wrists, then the F91W isn’t the best option for you.
CASIO F91W FEATURES & SPECS
It’s no secret that the Casio F91W-1’s night light sucks, but I think it gives the watch a certain charm. Made in Thailand, the F91W has a classic Casio 3 button configuration and a stainless steel back.
- Digital sport watch, rectangle case featuring alarm, chronograph functions & night light
- 33 mm resin case with mineral dial window, Quartz movement with digital display
- Water Resistant and Ribbed resin band with buckle closure
- Measuring modes include net time, split time, and first and second place times
- Functions include 1/100-second digital stopwatch, hourly time signal, auto calendar, and day/date. Accuracy of +/- 30 seconds per month
CASIO F-91W-1 EASTER EGGS
There are two fun hidden functions built into this classic Casio watch.
- Pressing all 3 buttons at the same time you can see all the digits appear simultaneously.
- Hold down the right button for 5 seconds and the word “CASIo” is displayed.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
There’s a reason why the Casio F91W is a number 1 best seller on Amazon. Coming in at under $10, the Casio F-91W is perhaps the best budget digital sports watch on the market.
THE BOTTOM LINE
All in all the ubiquitous Casio F-91W watch is an excellent choice for a daily beater watch for casual wear. It has all of the basic essentials with its daily alarm, hourly time signal and auto calendar. It’s no surprise then that this $10 wonder is a living legend in the horology world.
ONTO YOU, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE CASIO F-91W?
Let’s continue the discussion over in the Gentlemen Within Private Facebook Community.
Looking forward to seeing you in there.