Welcome to Gentleman Within, the place to learn how to find your style, be more confident, and live your best life.
This website serves 3 primary purposes
- To document my own style journey as I learn and grow along the way (how it started)
- To discuss all things men’s style/lifestyle, self-development, dating & confidence (how it’s going)
- To teach, inform and inspire you to be your absolute best self (how it will be)
My goal is to provide practical and helpful tips, advice and inspiration to help men be their absolute best.
- How to Be A Gentleman in A Modern World (Rules & Etiquette)
- How to Tell if A Girl Likes You (Pay Attention, Guys!)
- How to Mix & Match Clothing Colors (A Stylist Recommends)
- How to Be Resilient in the Face of Adversity & 5 Inspirational Stories
- How to Approach Women (10 Proven Techniques to Meeting Girls)
- The 5 Elements Of Timeless Style (How To Always Be Stylish)
- A Guide on How to Approach Women in the 21st Century
- 16 Best T-Shirt Brands For Men (Finding The Perfect Fit)
- What Michael Jordan Can Teach You About Style & Life
- The Iconic Navy Blue Blazer (A Men’s Style Essential)
- 24 Best Jeans Brands For Men (Finding The Perfect Fit)
- 7 Boot Styles All Men Should Know + Style Inspiration
- 10 Best Colors to Wear for Asian Skin
Your style journey is long, but it doesn’t have to be hard. It’s a process. And it’s worthwhile to consider the importance of style in your life. You don’t have to be the best dressed in your class or workplace, but it doesn’t hurt to be.
Maybe you haven’t given it much thought, and that’s normal—most guys don’t. But you’re not most guys. Men who realize the power of style, and leverage it to their benefit, can accelerate their success and grow beyond their limits.
Subscribe to the GW YouTube Channel.
Gentleman Within is for you if:
- You want to know where to begin
- You want to learn all about style and fashion
- You want to develop and improve your personal style
- You want to build your self-confidence
- You want dating tips that will give you the edge in all of your future relationships
- You want inspiration and advice to live your best life
- You believe in challenging yourself to be your best—Every. Single. Day.
You might enjoy A Crash Course to Better Style.
At Gentleman Within, you will learn:
- How clothing should fit
- How to build a timeless, versatile, and mindfully crafted wardrobe
- How to maximize the usefulness of each piece in your wardrobe for any occasion
- How to dress your best day in and day out
- How to have great style, easily and affordably
- How to mix and match your outfits
- The power of personal presentation
- The importance of being a gentleman
- Why it’s worth caring about style
- How to be a better lover through practical and time-tested dating/relationship advice
- How to be a better man through a focus on daily self-improvement
- And so much more
Get the I Am A Gentleman Manifesto.
More Great Content
- 8 Sneaker Trends For Men: The Good, Bad & The Ugly
- What Women Find Attractive in Men (How to Get the Girl)
- Definitive T-Shirt Guide: 5 Types Of Shirt & How To Wear
- 5 Best Jackets For Men (How To Wear & Where To Buy)
- Best No Show Socks For Men: The Ultimate Guide
- Best Date Ideas (43 Fun & Romantic Recommendations)
- 8 Best Undershirts for Men (Tested & Compared)
- Travel Essentials: Tips & Packing Hacks You Need To Know
- Thursday Boots Review (5+ Years Later)
- Essential Shoes For Men (And A Few Nice To Haves)
- 8 Shirt Styles All Guys Should Know
- What Michael Jordan Can Teach You About Style & Life
- Summer Fabrics Guide (Best Breathable Fabric to Keep You Cool)
- Fall & Winter Fabrics Guide (Everything You Need To Know)
Developing your style is only the beginning. Style is a foundation that can help you reach your greatest achievements. We all have different goals and definitions of success, but deep down, I know you have an unrelenting desire to be great and to do great things. I know I do.
You have something special within yourself to give. You have your own experiences that shape you into who you are. And only you can offer your unique perspective.
What do you want to share with the world? It’s okay if you don’t know yet, but it’s worthwhile to think about.
This blog is about more than style and fashion; it’s about learning how to see. It’s about self-awareness and living life extraordinarily. It’s about change and building self-confidence. How you present yourself on the outside should be a reflection of who you want to be on the inside.
If there’s one thing you take away from this blog, it’s that discovering and developing your personal style is a journey—one that should be fun. If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right!
Welcome! And I hope you enjoy your stay.
I started Gentleman Within because I believe in the power of personal presentation. I control what I wear. And I choose to dress in a way that tells my story the way I want to tell it.
I’ve learned that how I present myself to the world speaks volumes about who I am and what I’m all about.
I believe that style is about more than what I wear and how I wear it—style is about how I live my life.
Now let’s be real, I’m no style expert. I have no formal background in menswear—just an enthusiasm for style and dressing well.
I’m regular guy with a student’s mentality and no fear of making mistakes, who learned how to dress well through years of conscious study and deliberate practice. Thank you, Internet.
The best part is that the learning never ends. I’m still learning new things everyday. This is why I’m so thrilled I started Gentleman Within. I feel that I am at a point where I’ve learned enough and it’s my duty to share what I know to help others who may be starting their conscious style journey.
I’ve been told that in order to know where I’m headed, I must remember where I came from. For me, growing up, my style was all over the place. I took trends and fashion forward styles to another level.
I definitely could have benefitted from a personal uniform. We use clothes to communicate our values, to create a tribal identity, to signal our power. In other words, clothes are responsible for an an incredibly complex and important task.
Instead, I wore baggy clothes that literally swallowed me whole. I had a huge collection of fake designer belts and watches. I put on basketball jerseys over button down shirts. I wore obnoxiously bright colors. I rocked square-toed shoes like they were going out of style, and even worse, wore crew socks with dress shoes.
I made a ton of mistakes. Even as a younger adult, I constantly changed my style. It got to the point that people would say they couldn’t recognize me because I looked so different from one day to the next.
I embraced it because I liked being able to pull off a variety of styles. But on the inside, I was conflicted. I was resistant to change because I was still young and that dressing like a grownup could wait.
If I was being honest with myself, I wasn’t comfortable in my clothes. I dressed erratically, without a sense of self. Looking back, I realize that it’s okay because it’s all a part of the process. My style journey began long ago and it’s still evolving.
The difference now is that I’ve become intentional with style. As I started caring about my appearance, the world around me began to change.
My eyes finally opened. I became confident. I went on more quality dates, I excelled at work, I earned more money, I quickly paid off all of my student debt, I learned to manage my money, and I achieved a level of happiness that money can’t buy.
Essentially I improved in all areas of my life. And I owe it to a simple shift in thinking.
Learning how to dress well taught me how to see. It changed my life. Lucky me.
Some fun facts…
I graduated from Temple University in Philadelphia with a degree in communications. I bungee jumped, skydived, climbed the world’s steepest hill, and hiked a glacier all in the same week while in the southern Island of New Zealand. I enjoy jumping on trampolines for fun and listening to 90s-2000s hip-hop.
If you want to get in touch, reach out via the contact form below or connect with me on social media.
☕ You can support the blog by buying me a coffee!
Get in touch
Use the form below or email me at khoi AT gentlemanwithin DOT com.