The white sneaker has earned a spot in every stylish man’s wardrobe. Let me show you how to wear white sneakers and the best places to buy them.
Let’s get started.
White Sneakers Lookbook
Subscribe to the GW YouTube channel.
Best White Sneakers (Where to Buy)
First let’s start off with some of the best white sneakers on the market at three different price points for every budget. Some are trendy as ever, some are classics and there are a few hidden gems.
Under $100 (Budget)
- Cariuma OCA Low Off-White Canvas – $79
- New Republic Kurt Leather Sneaker – $98
- Cole Haan Grand Crosscourt II Sneaker – $90 (on sale $49.99)
- Cariuma IBI Off-White Knit – $98
- Adidas Stan Smith Leather Sneakers – $76 (read the review here)
- Adidas Originals Continental Vulc – $60
- Adidas Supercourt Shoes – $40
- Nike Air Force 1 Low – $90
- Nike Killshot 2 – $78
- H&M Premium White Sneaker – $70
- Reebok Club C85 White Sneakers – $70
- Converse Jack Purcell Leather Sneaker – $70
- Vans Authentic True White Sneaker – $50
- Everlane Court Sneaker – $98
- Everlane Forever Sneaker – $65
- Superga 2750 Cotu Classic White Sneaker – $65
- Converse Chuck 70 Low Top Sneakers – $80
- SeaVees Hermosa Surfwash Sneaker – $78
- Allbirds Tree Pipers – $95
- Cariuma Triple White Premium Leather – $139
- Veja Esplar Leather Sneakers – $120 (Amazon)
- Veja Urca Faux Leather Sneakers – $160
- Koio Capri Triple White Sneakers – $295 (on sale $250)
- Greats Royale Blanco – $179
- Greats Royale Knit – $119
- Greats Royale Eco Mesh – $119
- Ace Marks Duke Sneaker – $224
- Oliver Cabell Low 1 White – $188
- Beckett Simonon Reid Sneaker – $149
- Nisolo Diego Low Top Sneaker – $148
- Thousand Fell Men’s Lace Up – $120
- M.Gemi The Palestra Uomo – $248
- Ascot x Charlie Essentials Collection – $324
- Common Projects Original Achilles Lace-up Sneaker – $525
- Common Projects White BBall Leather Sneakers – $470 (Mr. P)
- Common Projects Retro Nubuck Sneakers – $470
- Saint Laurent Court Classic Sneakers – $575
- Tom Ford Cambridge Leather Sneakers – $890
- Givenchy City Sport Leather Sneakers – $595
- Saint Laurent Court Classic Logo Leather Sneaker – $695
- Moncler Neue York Leather Sneakers – $670
- Givenchy City Sport Leather Sneakers – $595
- Alexander McQueen Exaggerated Sole Suede Trim Sneaker – $590
- George Cleverley Leather Sneakers – $505
- Brunello Cucinelli Suede-Trimmed Leather Sneakers – $595
How To Style White Sneakers
And now I’ll be showcasing a lookbook of my own style as well as some other stylish gents. The styling possibilities are endless. You will see just how versatile minimalist white sneakers can be!
P.S. if you want to keep your white shoes clean and supreme, check out the Reshoevn8r cleaning kit. It’s a life saver.
1. White Sneakers With Chinos
One of the smarter ways to wear white sneakers is with a pair of chinos that have a gradual taper towards the ankle and no break. Combine that with a light sweater layered over a button down shirt and you’ve got yourself a clean and classic sharp casual outfit.
Finally, in a more minimal approach, you could opt for a contrasting long sleeve or short sleeve t-shirt up top while sporting a simple accessory like a casual wrist watch. It’s simple, but thoroughly effective. Ultimately, wearing sneakers with chinos is a wonderful way to elevate the inherent casualness of white sneakers.
2. White Sneakers With A Suit / Sport Coat
White sneakers with suits are for the daring gentlemen among us. Not everyone can pull off the looks, but those that can, do so with a sartorial sophistication that’s as nonchalant as it is divergent.
In order for this to work though, there are 3 things to keep in mind:
- The suit has to fit flawlessly
- Stick with the neutrals like navy, grey or beige
- Keep it casual (suit type/fabric & shirt style)
For example, a textured linen suit is much more suitable to be worn with white sneakers than say a suit made from worsted wool. And another way to create harmony between the suit and sneakers is to combine them with more casual tops like breton stripes or an unbuttoned OCBD.
Alternatively you can wear white sneakers with a sportcoat and odd trousers like chinos or even jeans. The rules are more lax here as you’re going decidedly more casual. Feel free to play around with a pocket square. For your top, you can opt for a polo shirt, basic white t-shirt or even the more refined rollneck sweater.
Quick note: If you’re enjoying this article on how to wear white sneakers, then you’ll probably find my other writing on all things men’s style useful. Each week, I share style tips, inspiration, deals and other things not shared on the blog through my free email newsletter.
To join now, just enter your email address below and click “Get Updates!”
3. White Sneakers With Jeans
Without a doubt, jeans are an everyday style staple for men everywhere, and for good reason — it looks great with just about anything, including white sneakers. The full spectrum of jeans from lighter washes and dark wash denim to contrasting white or black jeans, and even distressed denim can work exceptionally well.
For tops, you can’t go wrong pairing white sneakers and jeans with casual basics like hoodies or bombers and light quilted vests. The styling potential with jeans and sneakers is endless.
Moreover, if you want further proof that sneakers with jeans is the move to make, check out this badass photo of the King of Cool himself, Steve McQueen (see below) casually lounging in effortless style.
Subscribe to the Gentleman Within YouTube channel.
4. White Sneakers With Shorts
Wearing sneakers with shorts is the style move to make in the warmer spring and especially summer months. It doesn’t get easier than a pair of tan shorts worn with a basic white or navy crewneck tee. You can even layer a lightweight suede bomber or a button down shirt to add a touch of effortless cool to your fit.
A heather grey tee and shorts combo combined with white low tops is also a viable option. And alternatively, if you want to put that short sleeve button down shirt or knit polo to work, these spring/summer staples are right at home with white sneakers and shorts cut several inches above the knee.
View this post on Instagram
5. White Sneakers With Athleisure
And finally, wearing white sneakers with the trendy athleisure style is definitely worthy of your consideration. Trainers after all are athletic shoes, originally worn on tennis courts decades ago.
To pull off minimalist white sneakers with athleisure style, you’re going to want to play with looser drapes up top and fitted joggers or performance chinos down low.
The pants should taper downwards, and can even wrap around your ankle. Without a doubt, sneakers and athleisure were readymade for each other and it certainly creates a casual, cool aesthetic.
Why Are White Sneakers So Popular?
White sneakers are so popular because they are versatile shoes that bridge the gap between smart and casual style. As this lookbook demonstrates, you can easily dress them up with a sport coat or suit and dress them down with jeans or a pair of shorts.
It’s this versatility that has catapulted the white sneaker into the menswear Hall of Fame — as an integral piece that won’t be going out of style anytime soon.
What Socks To Wear With White Sneakers
Before we wrap things up, I want to give a quick primer on what socks to wear with white sneakers.
Related: Check out this hands-on review for the Best No-Show Socks for men.
My recommendation is to wear no show socks in the warmer spring and summer months. They’ll help to keep your feet cooler all the while providing that stylish no sock look. If you don’t like wearing these socks because they always slip off your feet, then a pair of low or quarter length socks will do just as well.
View this post on Instagram
Come fall and winter time, I’d opt for a mid-weight merino wool socks in a crew length or even a thicker hiking sock. Some of my favorite socks are from FITS, currently. If you haven’t checked them out yet, give them a try and you’ll see why!
Wrapping Things Up
I hope you now see why the white sneaker is such a popular shoe and why it’s a permanent fixture men’s wardrobes everywhere. From suits & athleisure style to chinos, jeans and shorts — white sneakers are certainly among some of the best pieces in menswear.
Thank you for reading all the way through.
Cheers to your style,
Onto you, how do you wear your white sneakers?
Let’s continue the discussion over in the Gentlemen Within Private Facebook Community.
Looking forward to seeing you in there.