Do you feel overwhelmed with all of life’s challenges? Does everything just seem to be an endless struggle? There might be times when you feel like giving up. But, remember that giving up isn’t an option.
Struggles are a part of life. And you’ll have to overcome many obstacles to reach your goals. Here is a list of 137 inspirational quotes about life struggles to motivate you to reach the pinnacle of success and carry on, my friend.
We have compiled these quotes about life struggles from legends in various fields. You’ll see that no great men have led a smooth life. It’s our hope that you leave this article feeling inspired and ready to take massive action.
Motivational Quotes About Life
1. “A comfort zone is a wonderful place, but nothing ever grows there.” –Anonymous
When you begin to step out of your comfort zone and face the world’s hardships, you’ll slowly build yourself into a stronger, more resilient person.
2. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” –Confucius
Are you afraid of failing? Remember that every successful man has failed again and again in his life. Your failures teach you how to succeed. When you bounce back with added enthusiasm after your failures, you’ll rise even higher.
3. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” –Albert Einstein
We often lose hope during difficult times. Nothing seems to work. But, don’t give up because you never know what opportunity lay ahead.
4. “The only person you should strive to be better than is the person you were yesterday.” –Tony Robbins
Many relationships are hampered due to unhealthy competition. And life is too short for bitterness—don’t get bitter, get better. You’ll be happier and more successful when you turn inward and realize that the only true competition is with yourself.
5. “Believe in yourself. Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” –Norman Vincent Peale
This is one of the most inspirational quotes for mental health. A firm belief in oneself can do wonders. Believing in your capabilities leads to confidence and a better effort.
If you don’t believe in yourself, you will never reach your fullest potential. Moreover, who’s going to believe in you, if you don’t believe in yourself first?
6. “Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who was looking at you wishing they were you.” –Unknown
Do you look at others’ lives and wish you were in their place? This mentality leads to nothing but unhappiness. Rather, you should try to think of your countless privileges. There are people for whom your life is a dream. Being satisfied with your life will help you realize your own unique potential.
7. “Believing in yourself can be hard, especially when no one else believes in you, just be proud of who you are, and believe anything is possible if you put your mind to it.” –Rashida Rowe
8. “Your willingness to look at your darkness is what empowers you to change.” –Iyanla Vanzant
No one is perfect. Every human has his limitations and shortcomings. It’s not wise to ignore your drawbacks and mistakes. You’ll become a better person only when you start learning from them. So, accept your faults and work towards bettering yourself every day.
9. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” –Steve Maraboli
This is such a positive quote about life’s challenges. It is somewhat related to the previous quote. It’s normal to make mistakes in life. But, sitting with guilt will get you nowhere.
So, your first task should be to forgive yourself. Once you forgive your own mistakes, you can focus your energy on self-improvement. Moreover, if you don’t forgive yourself, no one else will.
10. “No matter what happens, no matter how far you seem to be away from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it.” –Brad Gast
Belief can do wonders. The world is full of such examples. Every great venture starts with a new idea. For example, when Mark Zuckerberg started Facebook, it was just an idea. No one knew about it. But, it was his strong belief that made Facebook what it is today.
Sometimes, you might feel hopeless in life. You will feel like giving up. But, that is when you shouldn’t stop believing in yourself. And you will see the magic happen when you don’t give up.
11. “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” –Thomas Edison
This is one of the most meaningful life struggle quotes. Never give up on your dreams. You never know how close you are to your dreams. Keep striving till you get to where you’re looking to go.
12. “Whatever life gives you, even if it hurts, just be strong and act like you’re okay. Strong walls shake but never collapse.” –Unknown
13. “Be kind to yourself while you still heal from all that remains unsaid.” –Shreya Maurya
Your whole life is a struggle. There are many things you can’t share with people. Traumatic experiences and betrayals are a part of life. But, it’s important to be kind to yourself. That will make the healing process much smoother.
You can’t expect people to come and heal you. You have to take charge of your own life. And the first step is to be kind to yourself.
14. “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we’ve left behind.” –C.S. Lewis
15. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” –A.A. Milne
» Readers’ Favorite: You might enjoy this guide on How to Be More Resilient in the face of adversity.
16. “Be someone’s strength. Be someone’s inspiration. Be someone’s reason to never give up.” –Unknown
Whenever you feel like giving up remember that you can be a source of inspiration. Stay strong for others. There might be someone who gets motivated by seeing you show up every day. Don’t let that person down.
17. “All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today.” –Pope Paul VI.
Those who get everything without any struggles don’t understand the value of things and people in life. They take everything for granted. That’s what leads to their downfall.
However, when you struggle to achieve something in life, you learn to value it. That makes you a better man who commands respect from everyone. Moreover, you will learn to value your relationships and possessions.
18. “Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit.” –Napoleon Hill
Don’t lose hope during difficult situations in life. That’s because every problem will come with an even greater opportunity.
Stay alert so that you can grab opportunities instead of focussing on adversity.
19. “When you learn to see your struggles as opportunities to become stronger, better, wiser, then your thinking shifts from ‘I can’t do this’ to ‘I must do this’.” –Toni Sorenson
This life struggle quote urges you to treat your problems as opportunities. That will make you grab the opportunity in every challenge you face in life. Your spirits will be lifted and your outlook toward life will change.
20. “Why don’t you focus on where you’re going and less on where you came from?” –Amy Harmon
This is indeed a deep quote that asks you to move on from your past. We often get chained down by our past experiences. That prevents us from moving ahead in life. But, if you let go of your bitter experiences from the past, you will be able to focus more on your future goals.
It doesn’t matter if you come from a humble background. What matters is your determination and willpower to reach your goals. Staying focused will help you fulfill all your dreams.
Relaxing Quotes for Someone Struggling With Life
Sometimes, you get stressed up with all the problems in life. You face so many challenges that you become helpless and hopeless. In such situations, it is normal to have anxiety. These relaxing and motivational quotes will help you deal with stressful situations like a pro.
21. “It is nice finding that place where you can just go and relax.” –Moises Arias
Running behind your dreams leaves you exhausted. So, you should have somewhere where you can go and relax. That will wash away all your tiredness and fill you with new energy.
22. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” –William Burroughs
Stressing out and worrying about things never gives you an answer. The more you are anxious, the more your life seems messed up. That’s why it is best to cool down and relax.
If you calm down, your mind will give the answer to all your questions. That is because a calm mind can think logically. So, don’t lose your temper when things get out of control. Keep your calm and everything will fall in place.
23. “Sometimes, the most productive thing that you can do is to step outside and do nothing…relax and enjoy nature.” –Melanie Charlene
How much time do you spend with nature? Well, you must consider doing it if you don’t spend much time amidst nature.
Spend some time every day watching the stars and the moon. You can also go for walks and enjoy the lush green trees and the chirping of birds. Just sitting in such an environment and doing nothing will feel refreshing.
» You Might Like: Best Hobbies for Men (Unique, Fun, Creative and Manly Ideas)
24. “Take a deep breath. Inhale peace. Exhale happiness.” –A.D. Posey
25. “You have enough. You do enough. You are enough. Relax.” –Anonymous
26. “The best time to relax is when you don’t have time to relax.” –Evan Esar
This is one of the most inspirational quotes for mental health. That’s because there are times when you get overburdened with work. There is too much pressure and you have no time to breathe. That kind of situation is harmful to your mental health. You should pause and relax to stay sane.
27. “Relaxation is every mastermind’s life hack.” –Sofia Katsali
28. “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.” –Bryant McGill
A calm mind lets you have clarity of thought. So, you can deal with adverse situations like a pro. But if you are anxious and confused, you won’t be able to make wise decisions.
29. “Give your stress wings and let it fly away.” – Terri Guillemets
30. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” –Mahatma Gandhi
Quick note: If you’re enjoying this article on inspirational quotes about life struggles, then you’ll probably find my other writing on all things style, self-development and dating useful. Each week, I share updates, men’s style tips and other things not shared on the blog through my free email newsletter.
To join now, just enter your email address below and click “Get Updates!”
31. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes – including you.” –Anne Lamott
This inspirational quote talks about the importance of rest. Even gadgets need rest. So, humans can’t function properly if they don’t rest. So, take breaks to unplug yourself from everything. That will let you come back with more vigor and energy.
32. “Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.” –John De Paola
You keep chasing money, fame, and people in life. But that drains you out. Instead, if you calm down and focus on yourself, success will come chasing you.
33. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” –Lily Tomlin
34. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” –Amit Ray
35. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes, you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.” –Mandy Hale
Plans don’t always work out. Sometimes, you just need to wait and watch. If you continue doing your work, things will automatically fall in place. You don’t need to have lofty plans to succeed.
36. “Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.” –Eckhart Tolle
37. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” –Chinese Proverb
This inspirational quote asks you to be satisfied and content with who you are. That way you will stay calm and relaxed.
Sometimes, you may try to imitate others. But that only makes you unhappy and stressed out. Everyone has unique capabilities. It’s better to focus on your strengths so that you become a better person.
50 Short Inspirational Quotes About Life Struggles
38. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” –Camilla Eyring Kimball
39. “Make each day your masterpiece.” –John Wooden
40. “Happiness is not by chance but by choice.” –Jim Rohn
You can’t wait for happiness to come into your life. Rather, you have to strive to make your life happy. Don’t let your happiness depend on external factors. Your life will become beautiful if you find happiness in small things.
41. “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” –Napoleon Hill
42. “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.” –Chanakya
43. “Life without dreams is like a bird with broken wings –it can’t fly” –Dan Pena
44. “Success is not in what you have, but who you are.” –Anonymous
45. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” –Richard Branson
46. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” –Arthur Ashe
47. “Tomorrow the sun will rise. You don’t know what the tides will bring.” –Anonymous
48. “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.” –Bill Gates
49. “There’s a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success.” –Paul Bryant
50. “Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.” –Bernadette Devlin
51. “Success Is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.” –Oscar Wilde
52. “Behind every successful man there’s a lot of unsuccessful years.” –Anonymous
53. “To be a great champion you must believe you are the best.” –Anonymous
54. “People who succeed are irrationally passionate about something.” –Naval Ravikant
55. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
56. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” –Maya Angelou
In this inspirational quote, the famous poetess tells you that success isn’t about what others feel. You know you are successful when you are happy with what you do.
57. “You should never let your fears prevent you from doing what you know is right.” –Anonymous
Sometimes, fear stands in the way of your success. It can be the fear of failure or the thought of what others would say. Success will become easier when you overcome this fear.
» Related: How to Develop a Growth Mindset and Set Yourself Up for Life Success.
58. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” –John D. Rockefeller
59. “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” –Abraham Lincoln
60. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” –David Brinkley
61. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” –Lao Tzu
This short inspirational quote urges you to take the first step towards your goal. No matter how grand your vision is, you will never reach it if you don’t take the first step.
62. “Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.” –Ray Kroc
63. “Life is a story, make yours the best seller!” –Anonymous
64. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” –Anonymous
65. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” –Proverb
66. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” –Jack Canfield
If you don’t try, you will miss a chance to succeed. And that is more painful than failure. So, don’t hesitate to try things out.
67. “No pressure, no diamonds.” –Thomas Carlyle
It takes a huge amount of pressure to transform coal into diamonds. Similarly, you have to overcome a lot of difficulties in life to reach the heights of success.
68. “Dream big and dare to fail.” –Norman Vaughan
The more you fail, the more you will learn what it takes to succeed. So, to fulfill your big dreams you have to deal with bigger failures.
69. “To be the best, you must be able to handle the worst.” –Wilson Kanadi
70. “No guts, no story.” –Chris Brady
If you aren’t brave and courageous in life, you won’t create a memorable story for others. So, chase your dreams without fear.
71. “Leave no stone unturned.” –Euripides
72. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” –Oprah Winfrey
73. “Don’t wait, the time will never be just right.” –Napoleon Hill
74. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” –Dolly Parton
75. “Persistence guarantees that results are inevitable.” –Paramahansa Yogananda
76. “Every noble work is at first impossible.” –Thomas Carlyle
77. “There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future.” –Augustine of Hippo
78. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right –for you’ll be criticized anyway.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
There will be people who criticize you no matter what you do. So, it’s better not to pay heed to them and rather focus on what your heart says.
79. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” –Lance Armstrong
80. “Begin anywhere.” –John Cage
81. “Do it Now!” –Napoleon Hill
82. “No great thing is created suddenly.” –Epictetus
83. “Live your dreams.” –Les Brown
84. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” –Confucius
85. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” –George Addair
86. “Quietly endure, silently suffer and patiently wait.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
87. “Life’s struggles are necessary for growth.” –Auliq Ice
More Motivational Quotes for Someone Struggling
There are times when life gets tough. Your professional and personal life goes for a toss. You feel like leaving everything and running away. But, these motivational quotes will keep that fire burning within you.
88. “Today’s opportunities erase yesterday’s failures.” –Gene Brown
89. “Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.” –Ann Bradford
90. “Believe me, the reward is not so great without the struggle.” –Wilma Rudolph.
This life struggle quote tells you that nothing comes easily in life. You have to struggle to get great rewards. If you think there is a shortcut to achieve your dreams, you’re mistaken.
91. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” –John Wooden
92. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.” –Helen Keller.
93. “Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.” –Norman Vincent Peale
94. “The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.”
95. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” –Kenji Miyazawa.
96. “To succeed, you have to do something and be very bad at it for a while. You have to look bad before you can look really good.” –Barbara DeAngelis.
You can’t be perfect at something from the first day. At first, you’ll probably be terrible at it. But, consistency and practice will take you towards perfection. And, one day you will become the best in what you do.
97. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” –Mary Anne Radmacher
You don’t have to shout and tell the world how brave you are. Your strength lies in trying harder after every failure. You have to keep trying till you succeed.
98. “It may sound strange, but many champions are made champions by setbacks.” –Bob Richards.
It is your ability to deal with obstacles that make you a champion. If your life is smooth, you will never understand your real capabilities.
99. “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” –Drew Barrymore.
100. “Once all struggle is grasped, miracles are possible.” –Mao Zedong.
101. “When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” –Malcolm S. Forbes.
102. “Don’t feel entitled to anything you didn’t sweat and struggle for.” –Marian Wright Edelman.
103. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” –Willie Nelson.
104. “Every day may not be good… but there’s something good in every day.” –Alice Morse Earle.
All days are not the same. Some days will be exceptionally good. While others might not be as good. However, there will always be something positive every day.
105. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” –Vince Lombardi.
» Related: 151 Motivational Gentleman Quotes that Will Inspire You to Greatness.
106. “I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors.” –Joel Osteen.
107. “Delete the negative; accentuate the positive!” –Donna Karan.
108. “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” Les Brown.
Sometimes, you might feel that it’s too late to start pursuing your dreams. But that’s not true. It’s never too late to start working on your goals if you are passionate enough.
109. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” –Lyndon B. Johnson.
110. “Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude.” –Lou Holtz.
111. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” –Zig Ziglar.
Funny Inspirational Quotes
Humor can solve several problems. It keeps you going during tough times in life.
Laughing also keeps your mental health sound. And you stay motivated to reach your goals. Here are some funny quotes that will inspire you to carry on in life.
112. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” –Mark Twain
Ignorance about some things helps you stay focussed on stuff that matters. For instance, magic happens when you don’t pay heed to what people think or say about you.
113. “Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent.” –Langston Coleman
114. “When I hear somebody sigh, Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” –Sydney Harris
This inspirational quote pokes in some subtle humor. We will have no answer to the question asked in the quote because life is the only thing we have on earth.
115. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” –George Bernard Shaw
116. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” –Joe Girard
There is no shortcut to success. And this quote is a hilarious reminder of that fact.
117. “Age is of no importance unless you’re a cheese.” –Billie Burke
You might often wonder if you are too old for something. Remember this funny quote and you will feel age doesn’t matter because it’s just a number.
118. “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.” –Betty Reese
119. “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” –Jack London
You can’t sit and wait for something to inspire you. You have to chase inspiration if you are passionate about your goals.
120. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” –Thomas Edison
121. “Life is like a sewer –what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.” –Tom Lehrer
Inspirational Quotes That Are So True
122. “Even a stopped clock is right twice every day. After some years, it can boast of a long series of successes.” –Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
123. “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” –Sam Levenson
124. “It’s okay to look at the past and the future. Just don’t stare.” –Lisa Lieberman-Wang
It’s okay to think about the past and future. But daydreaming will prevent you from living in the present. So, live in the moment and make your present beautiful.
125. “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” –Roger Staubach
This is one of the best inspirational quotes for a man hustling, in the grind. Don’t be afraid to go that extra mile because most people won’t.
126. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you are gonna do anyway.”–Robert Downey Jr.
127. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” –Albert Einstein
128. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” –Dale Carnegie
Sometimes you feel that your life has no purpose. But you are alive for a purpose. Make sure you fulfill it every day.
129. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” –Will Rogers
Parking spaces refer to the countless distractions on your way to success. They might be tempting. But, you will get distracted from your goals if you stop and give in to the temptations.
130. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” –Will Rogers
131. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” –Bernard Baruch
132. “I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection.” –Drake
133. “A failure is like fertilizer; it stinks to be sure, but it makes things grow faster in the future.” –Denis Waitley
134. “Haters are just confused admirers because they can’t figure out the reason why everyone loves you.” –Jeffree Star
135. “The question isn’t who is going to let me, it’s who is going to stop me.” –Ayn Rand
136. “You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?” –Steven Wright
137. “Life is a blank canvass, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.” –Danny Kaye
Keeping all these inspirational life struggle quotes aside, you have to motivate yourself from within every single day. So, buckle up and start working for your goals. And whenever you feel hopeless, take a glance at these inspirational quotes.
What are some things that help you through life’s struggles?
To continue the discussion, come and join the Gentlemen Within Private Facebook Community.
Looking forward to seeing you in there.