To love and be loved…What a wonder!
With its unquestionable force and ineffable gentleness, love is the fuel that propels our world.
A feeling so deep that even the most inspired poets encountered hardships when trying to put into words the magnitude and significance of this cardinal feeling.
Has your love spell lost its charm lately? Have you felt a bit discouraged when expressing your love and affection to your lady?
Reconquer her and rekindle your relationship with sweet words and tender gestures, through our inspirational love quotes for your girlfriend or wife.
51 Romantic Sayings to Make Her Swoon
Here is Gentleman Within’s curated list of 51 romantic love sayings that will show her your true tender heart:
Short & Sweet Love Quotes
1. “Our love cannot be measured, it just is.” —John Paul Stevens
2. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” —Audrey Hepburn
3. “I love you and it is the beginning of everything.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. “My heart is and always will be yours.” —Jane Austen
5. “Love is a friendship set to music.” —Joseph Campbell
6. “I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.” —Unknown
7. ”I never want to stop making memories with you.” —Pierre Jeanty
8. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” —Hermann Hesse
» Related: Romantic Italian Phrases (that will melt her heart)
Deep Romantic Quotes
9. “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” —Ben Folds, The Luckiest
10. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” —Franklin P. Jones
11. “I will never stop trying. Because when you find the one…you never give up.” —Crazy, Stupid, Love
12. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” —Edgar Allen Poe
13. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” —Oscar Wilde
14. “Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.” —Madame de Stael
» Readers’ Favorite: Check out this list of a few dozen romantic date ideas.
15. “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” —Andre Breton
16. “I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you’d been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: Since I met you, you’ve never left.” —Unknown
17. Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” —Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
18. “Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart.” —Robert Sexton
19. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” —A. A. Milne
20. If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.” —Princess Diana
» Related: You might like this article on the signs she wants you to make a move.
Quick note: If you’re enjoying this article on the most inspiring love quotes ever, then you’ll probably find my other writing on all things style, self-development and dating useful. Each week, I share updates, style tips and other things not shared on the blog through my free email newsletter.
To join now, just enter your email address below and click “Get Updates!”
Philosophical Love Quotes
21. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” —Aristotle
22. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” —Plato
23. “Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself.” —Gandhi
24. “Every heart sings a song incomplete until another heart whispers back.” —Plato
25. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” —Lao Tzu
26. “Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.” —Rumi
» You might like this guide on how to approach approach a woman.
Poetic Love Sayings
27. “Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! / For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night.” —William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
28. “I can no longer think of anything but you. In spite of myself, my imagination carries me to you. I grasp you, I kiss you, I caress you, a thousand of the most amorous caresses take possession of me.” —Honoré de Balzac
29. “The sweetest noise on earth, a woman’s tongue; A string which hath no discord” —Bryan Procter
30. “My soul made love to your soul / long before our bodies met. / When I first laid my eyes on you, / I recognized you. / You held my future in your hands.” —Anita Krizzan
31. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” —J.K.K. Tolkien
» You might like this guide on the qualities women love in men.
32. “The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” —George Moore
33. “What is love? It is the morning and the evening star.” —Sinclair Lewis
34. ”How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach.” —Elizabeth Barrett Browning
35. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” —Maya Angelou
36. “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald
» Related: You might like this guide on how to flirt over text (with a girl).
Timeless Love Quotes for Her
37. “I have a crush on your mind. I fell for your personality. Your looks are just a bonus.” —The Notebook
38. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.” —Alfred Tennyson
39. “I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.” —Unknown
40. “Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” —William Goldman, The Princess Bride
41. “Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.” —Ben Hecht
42. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” —Angelita Lim
43. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” —Leo Christopher
» Related: If she loves texting, here’s how and when to end the conversation.
44. “You are my best friend, my human diary and my other half. You mean the world to me and I love you.” —Unknown
45. “You are the last thought in my mind before I drift off to sleep and the first thought when I wake up each morning.” —Unknown
46. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” —Marilyn Monroe
47. “I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together.” —A.R. Asher
48. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” —Haruki Murakami
49. “I love you” begins by I, but it ends up by you.” —Charles de Leusse
50. “Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be.” —Robert Browning
51. “I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.” —Unknown
» Before you go: You might be interested in this article on the signs that she likes you.
There you have it, 51 sweet and romantic love quotes that will surely have her falling in love all over again. Be sure to bookmark this page as we’ll likely be updating it over time with additional inspirational love quotes that are touching to the soul.
We hope that you enjoyed the article and are now inspired by these truly sweet quotes about love. Indeed, what a joy it is to love and be loved.
Which of these inspiring love quotes is your favorite?
To continue the discussion, come and join the Gentlemen Within Private Facebook Community.
Looking forward to seeing you in there.